We know this update is long over due. To be honest it has been in the works for about 8 months now. Finally this has been accomplished. You are now able to password protect your private blogs! To do this simply go to UserCP > Options > Manage Profile > "Who Can View Your Blogs" and select "People with my Password"
Once that is checked you need to define a password in the "Password for Private Blogs" field. This will be your blog password. It is case sensitive and can be changed by you at any time. If you have someone, user or non aeonity user you want to be able to see your Private Blogs, give them the password and just like magic they can view your private blogs.
We are still working on providing a list of private blogs on the main entry page and on "Recent Blogs" page for users with your blog password. An update for another day. Let us know how it works and any suggestions for this new feature. We hope this new feature is appreciated and put to good use. Just a side note, the owner of the blog and adminsitrators can always see your private blogs.
You can check this feature out by going to FrosT's Blog and use "check" (without quotes) for the password.
Happy Holidays Aeonity. We want everyone have a safe and happy holiday. Thank you for making this past year one of the best ever.
Again, have a happy & safe 2005 holiday.
As most of you probably have noticed there has been an increased number of spammers coming to Aeonity over the past few weeks. We are working hard at blocking these Spam Comments and Blog Posts. If you receive spam on your blog please email aeonity [at] gmail [dot] com the comment so we can update our spam filters.
Currently we have blocked over 300 spam posts in the past week! Which is great but there has been about 400 posts. We missed about 100, which we have cleared out over the past 48 hours and used those to update our filters. Please help us at Aeonity to keep Spamming to a minnimum by reporting a spam post to us. We will have a report button in the near future but as for now there is nothing except to just email us the spam post.
We thank you for taking the time for helping Aeonity to be a Spam Free Blog Community. Your help will not go without a thanks from the entire Aeonity Blog Community!
Help us help Aeonity from being a spam kingdom!
Here are some tips to prevent your posts from being marked as spam:
1. No links to which you receive credit or money. If we see anything that seems like there is a referrer fee we will delete that post.
2. Links are ok and are welcomed, just none which you receive any type of credit or royalty for.
3. Links are fine in comments but the same rules apply.
4. Any type of product advertising that links to a product which has a referer code to will be deleted.
5. We welcome reviews of products and encourage them just no links where you receive incentives or royalties to.
6. When in doubt contact us using the Contact Form and just ask, we will answer your question.
Spammers on Aeonity Beware
We recently updated Aeonity again. Here is a list of key updates performed:
1. No more blog password: Reason being too many issues were coming about. You can still allow only friends to view private blogs, so just add the user to your friend list.
2. Updated our Mail Handling: We now use a Queue system for our EMail, this will hopefully take care of the un-received emails not being sent out.
3. Updated Spam Filter: Yet again we have improved and updated our Spam Filter. Hopefully these spam attacks will become less and less.
4. Added Manage options: We have added the Manage Options feature under UserCP. You can now allow Double Comments on your blog, a long awaited and overdue feature.
5. Increased Speed: Hopefully you will notice a small speed improvement. Not much but a little bit more improved.
Those were the key features we were focusing on with this update. Everything seems to be working fine, as always if it is not please let us know via the Contact Form.
We wanted to wish the Aeonity Community a Happy New Years. Thanks for blogging with us, and keeping the site interactive. We have made a mass amount of improvements this year, and things are only going to get better for 2006.
So from our family to yours Happy New Years!