This entry explains how to launch Terminal in Linux, and have the ability to SSH into another Linux computer / server to manage.
1. Start my launching Terminal in Linux. It can be found by going to Applications > Accessories > Terminal. (Keep in mind that Terminal is terminal, so this will work with people that use a Mac, Raspberry Pi, Putty, etc.
2. Type in this command: ssh firstname.lastname@example.org or ssh you@yourIPaddress Keep in mind when doing this it is understood that you have already setup permissions for accessing the remote terminal.
3. You will then be asked for the remote machines password.
4. You will then see something like this following: The programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are free software; the exact distribution terms for each program are described in the individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright.
Debian GBU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTLY NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Last login: Thu Mar 14 5:59 2013 from LOCAL ISP INFORMATION.
5. If you did this correctly you will then have something like this: you@debian:~#
Success! If you have issues leave a comment below, and I will do my best to assist you. Keep in mind that I am relatively new to this so don't beat me up to bad.
For those of you that have used it, it will be missed. For those of you who never knew it existed you missed out.
At the bottom of Google (when signed in) was the ability to change the background image of Google.com | Unfortunatly Google will be removing this feature on November 16, 2012. Below is a quote and a screenshot as stated by Google.
Background images are going away on November 16th, 2012
Thank you for using background images. As we build a more streamlined Google Search page for everyone, we'll no longer be able to support customization with background images. So you will no longer be able to see your background pictures starting November 16th, 2012.
Click Remove to stop using a background image now. Your current background image, and Picasa web albums will still be available to you.
Well, there you have it. Sorry for not blogging in a while, but I have been so darn busy at work. I know it's not an excuse, I will do my best to get something on here every now and again.
This is a quick non related entry to those who may or may not see the Google Car coming...try your best not to 'scratch' in public.
Don't ask how I found this it was simply a Google Maps navigation discover that I found. Let's leave it as that. As you can see, that when your in public nothing is private. Above is a women scratching her booty at a corner in San Francisco.
Lately I have been recieveing a lot of emails of users stating that they are unable to open Adobe PDF files in Internet Explorer, well I have one answer...let it load.
As many of you have probably been experiencing there is currently a bug in Internet Explorer that prevent PDF displaying in the browser. Microsoft is currently well aware of the issue, and they are working to hopefully get it resolved.
Keep in mind that it's not that the Adobe PDF file is loading. It's bad UI (User Interface) in Internet Explorer 9. if you are in need of a fix, this is the only one that I can offer you based on experience.
Start by Opening Adobe Reader / Acrobat:
1. Open Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat
2. Click on edit at the very top in the toolbar
3. Click on Interent
4. Then go to Preferences Window
5. Finally uncheck Display PDF in Browser
Should you have Internet Explorer Open do the following:
1. Open Internet Explorer
2. Go to Tools
3. Select Internet Options
4. Go to the Advanced Tab
5. In the Security Section you will need to uncheck Do Not Save Encrypted Pages to Disk.
6. Click Ok, and restart Internet Explorer
I hope this helps, if it does a thank you would be great, if not...leave a comment and I will respond.
This morning I received my first text spam ever.
The text stated the following +19495728428 (949) 572-8428 - Irvine, CA | 5/14/12 9:18 AM Dear Walmart shopper, your purchase last month won a $1OOO Walmart Gift Card. Click here to claim: www.Wmart*Program.com (quit2end) 9:18 AM
So being the guy I am I go to be page through a proxy only to find a page that is just a ploy for a referral for a Walmart giftcard / credit card.
If this has happened to anyone else please leave a comment so that we could possibly start a complaint page. If you have recieveind any other offers from the wmartprogram.com leave a comment and leave the number that automated the call to you.
As a reminder I created an entry that explains how to stop paper junk mail using your phone. Take a look at it if your tired with all the unsolicited mailings that you receiving via snail mail.
In this entry I explain the my hype with a great iPhone, Android, and Windows Phone called Paper Karma.
So what is Paper Karma?
Paper Karma is a mobile app in which you take a picture of your junk mail (the address) it then get's processed by the awesome people at Paper Karma, and in a week you will be notified by the companies sending you junk mail of being opt'ed out.
So how does this help you? Well first off you will be removed from mail box marketing from these companies. Second, you don't have manage any of these communications. Paper Karma will do this for you.
Some of these companies include, but are not limited to:
So if you hate unsolicited junk mail like me, give paper Karma at try. What could it hurt? The mobile app is currently free and you can find it in the Apple, Android, and Windows Phone App Store.
PaperKarma - Control Your Mailbox, Stop Junk Email
Weather Underground offers a free 1 year premem membership. Use the directions below to redeem.
I have had account with Weather Underground for years, I can tell you the only other sites I check for weather is on Google or iPhone via Yahoo. Love WeatherUnderground!
Weather Underground 1-Year Premium Membership
Should you have an account already, login to your account and go to settings. Once there enter the renewal code above in the membership screen.
How to tell if Internet Explorer, FireFox, or Chrome is 32 Bit or 64 Bit
Well it took me over 15 mins to find out how for a client if his version of Internet Explorer was 32 Bit or 64 Bit, the funny thing is that it took me that amount of time, and the answer was in front of me.
Here are some areas that I check that will not give tell you if your browser is 32 Bit or 64 Bit.
1. System Folders
2. Add Uninstall a Program
3. System Registry (though may be there, but can be hard to located and a complete waste of time)
So your probably saying to yourself, well just tell us you fool! Well it's located in the task manager! Duh! Who would have thought the task manager would give you the BIT of information you needed.
How To Access the Task Manager
1. Go to start
2. Type in Search for Programs and Files
3. Task Manager
If you are on Windows XP do this
1. Go to start
3. Type in taskmgr.exe
Once this is complete go to the processes tab, and move the separator between processes and services to the left to see if the software is *32 bit or *64 bit. If you see nothing, this is because you are not running the program. Pretty damn simple, but I figured it was worth the post since I have not been on my blog in a long time.
Seems as though the Droid Razr by Motorola will be released tomorrow. For an iOS user I was wondering if anyone has considered this purchase or would even be interested?
According to the Droid Razr advertisement by Verizon:
So how about it? Personally if I were under the Android system I would defiantly hold out for the Ice Cream Sandwich release of phones. (which was just released 3 to 5 days ago) Are you under contract?
Does any one even care about this release?
Amazon is offering free Amazon Prime a $79.00 for free for 12 months. So what does this mean to you? Well, it means you can take advantage of:
1. Free 2 day shipping with Amazon on qualified prime items
2. Free access to Prime Instant Videos which allows you unlimited instant streaming of thousands of movies, and TV Shows.
For those of you who use to have a .EDU address I would recommend going to the website in which you graduated from or use to attend and try to retrieve it. It took me about 15 minutes to re-familiarize myself with the new interface of my college, but now I have access to my old .EDU account.
.EDU accounts can get you other discounts like discounts on hardware, software, tickets, and books. Do yourself a favour an take 15 minutes to go and find yours. Use the link below to get your free prime account
Join Amazon Student for Discount
This will be a quick entry, but have you ever been to a site like Aeonity and have written out content that took you well over 30 mins + to do, then to have it submitted only to find out that it is lost due to a browser crash or website crash?
Well if so than you need to take a look at Lazarus. I will not go into deals or screenshots this time, only becouse the developer of this great software has them on they're site.
So save yourself the agonly of re-typing all of your content when you lose a form, forum, or blog post with Lazarus.
Belkin is running a great promotion as of Friday offering 50% off of all products with no minimum purchase until September 30th.
If you enjoy Belkin products and shop online, Belkin.com is cutting their prices on all products found on their website. So if you like all accessories for things such iPod's, iPhones, iPad's, tablets, cases, cables, chargers, KVM switches, it's all available!
Who wants to get in on some USB hubs?! FYI stay away from their routers. They are not so hot, your better off with a D-Link or Cisco router.
Use Promo Code:
Donate to Step Out: Walk to Stop Diabetes. I donated for my friend Melissa Cagle, so can you.
San Antonio Donate to Step Out Walk to Stop Diabetes
I have 3 kids, 2 of them that would love to have an iPad and 1 that still sees in shapes. (newborn).
I was thinking to myself today...what would be an ideal case for them?What would make me as an iPad owner feel ad-ease if they were to drop it or spill something on it. I came across 3 products by 3 separate companies that I feel would make the cut, but in no way have I tried any of there products. I have requested to all 3 companies a review unit, but I await a response. (contacted today)
1. iPad Case that can with stand a fall or drop.
2. iPad Case that can with stand a spill from milk, juice, or any other type of liquid
3. iPad Case that is at the same time still safe for a child.
Ok so is this asking for to much? Personally I thought it was, and it would shock me to think that if any of these products could with stand number 2. Well here we go, here are 3 iPad Case and Holders for Kids that I can suggest, but not recommend since I have not tried them myself.
1. iGuy Standing Cover for iPad and iPad 2 Fun, free-standing kid-friendly iPad and iPad 2 case Lightweight foam protection with plenty of personality Fits both iPad and iPad 2
2. Trident Kraken Hybrid Case for iPad iPad Unsurpassed Level of Protection Ergonomically Designed for Comfortable Hold Anti-Scratch, Anti-Glare, Anti-Moisture Clear PET Screen Protector Anti-Dust Design with Dust and Silicone Covers for All Openings
3. Otterbox iPad 2 Defender Case OtterBox APL2-IPAD2 accommodates Apple iPad 2 INNER LAYER: Hi-impact polycarbonate shell, OUTER LAYER: Durable silicone skin Access for docking accessories through integrated dock door, Inner coring in silicone absorbs additional impact Memory foam pads cradle the iPad inside case and provide additional shock absorption Integrated shield fits on both back and front of case. Shield stand provides two angles for easy viewing and typing.
If I had to choose from the 3 it would have to be the Otterbox. Only because I have seen an iPhone encased in one, and run over by a SUV, but right now it is hard for me to make a recommendation since I have not tried any of them. Has anyone else?
Hi guys I don't usually or ever post game glitches on my blog, but since this has happened to me twice in one day for the past few weeks I figured it's worth it. I do apologize to my readers if this is off topic on what I usually publish.
On God Finger on the iPad, there is currently a Free Gold Glitch. I experienced this when I was playing the game, and zoomed outside of my planet by using the pinch and zoom out. When you do some, you will get certain planets. (not really planets) That stated"
1. Free Awe
2. Free Gold
I noticed so long as that you are playing the game you can always go back to these and replenish your awe or gold infinitely. My problem is doing this back to back.
For example of the Free Awe & Gold Rust Glitch
1. When I zoom out to other planets and I notice Free Awe. I click on it, view the advertisement and get refreshed back to where I was...but when...
2. I then click on the gold planet that states free bold. Click on it, and view the advertisement I get refreshed out and soon view my planet with everything maxed out with all gold turned to rust!
Seriously, everyone on my planet is either exhausted at 0 or on the verge of being exhausted! Keep in mind that all gold that was coming to you is now presented and not rusted. I replenished all buildings with Awe, did the steps above 1 - 2 and boom. RUST!
So with that in mind, do not get greedy! If you go for the awe planet, do so...but do not go for gold. If you do, you will experience your people maxed out and your incoming gold to rust.
- GodFinger All-StarsBy ngmoco, Inc.
- Add me to Game Center and Plus+
Calling all Google Plus users out of San Antonio, lets all share our knowledge and have some fun in San Antonio! Lets create a San Antonio Google Plus Group!
I think if we all contibute we can have a great way to meet new people with interests just like us, plus its a great way to explore and share on Google Plus. Here is a way I think we can get started.
1. Login to Google Plus
2. Add me to your Google Plus Circle
3. I have created a Spark called San Antonio Google Plus Group add yourself there as well.
Should you have any trouble, simply post a comment or if you like, add your name so that we can easily search for you and add you to a circle.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 is currently available for pre-order and has been announced to be released on June 8.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 will have a 16GB Tab at $499.00 and a 32GB Tab for $599.00.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 is said to pack incredible speeds into a super-sleek, ultra-slim package. The Galaxy Tab is said to be 8.6 millimeters, and will be running Google's Android 3.1 Honeycomb.
Other features include:
• Ultra-slim 8.6 mm thick
• Dual-core 1 Ghz Processor
• Android™ Honeycomb Platform
• Brilliant 10.1" HD screen
Google, Android and Android Market are trademarks of Google inc. 4G LTE is a trademark of ETSI.
*Updated 8:29pm hacksden.com has been hacked and finalize 10 out of 10 domains as said by Contra located on Twitter @ContraHax out of Stockholm, Sweden. Seems as though some sys admins and web developers are going to have some work to do in the morning.
Seems as though SEO.com and numerous other websites were was hacked recently by a hacker group calling themselves Contra. I found this out looking for a SEO company that my full time job uses. So sure enough I type in SEO company into Google, and what do you know...SEO.com...
According to their Twitter account they are located out of Stockholm, Sweden and have gone on a hacking rampage possibly finding a flaw in a CMS or vulerability in PHP, current details are unknown.
Some of those hacked websites by Contra include:
The add on the hacked website a video of Dance Floor Dale, and leave a message: From Sweden with <3, along with a link to their Twitter Account. Seems as though the internet is on a hacking frenzy. Here is a .FLV of a video that they have posted.
1. Dance Floor Dale
Disclaimer: I would like to make every one aware that I am in no way affiliated directly, or in directly with any hacking groups. I am a small time blogger that posts technology related news, nothing more, nothing less.
Yes I was totally geeked to see a Google Car in San Antonio Texas! I was one of the lucky ones to see the Goog Car during my lunch hour. Yeah, sure everyone seems to see them going up and down all over the country, but to see and know what it is pretty damn cool.
This afternoon I took at late lunch, probably around the hours of 2:30pm to 3:00pm or so when a co-worker and I noticed something funny pass us up as we were in a Bill Millers drive through. I made the assumption immediately that it was a Google car, and laughed, and he said yeah it is!
Doing my best to catch up and making some abrasive maneuvers, I finally was able to pull up right behind the Googler in the Google Car. My location was at Wurzbach Pkwy and Perrin Beitel here in San Antonio, Tx. My co-pilot (no longer my co-worker) took some video footage on my iPod Touch, and the video below is what we have.
I made a few edits, not many...and removed our audio, and replaced with with Party Ben's Mashup - Every Car You Chase. I felt the music was only appropriate, being we were chasing it down.
Did you know:
1. The Google Street Car can driven by it's self.
2. The Google Street Car is monitored (driven) by an engineer.
3. The Google Street Cars are usually Toyota Prius hybrids and an Audi TT's.
4. The Google Street Car has multiple video cameras, radar and laser technology.
5. Google has developed a Google Trike for Parks and Trails.
6. Google has also developed a Street View Snowmobile that was used in the 2010 Winter Olympics.
7. Google has even developed a Street View Trolley used to examine museums.
1. Location at Wurzbach Pkwy and Perrin Beitel Road
2. Autonomously Driving Google Car by Robert Scoble
3. Google's Driverless Car: The Next Alternative Vehicle?
Does any one else have any footage they would like to share, or any cool experiences?
Stella Service which used a network of full time mystery shoppers to evaluate, and rate each Internet retailers customer response times. They made over 1,200 interactions via phone, and email to these companies regarding a product or service and here are the results of
1. Sierra Trading Post located at sierratradingpost.com ranked 1st when it came down to the shortest amount of time that customers had to wait on hold. 6 seconds!
2. Office Depot located at officedepot.com best at getting back to emails. 48 minutes!
3. Barnes and Noble located at barnesandnoble.com gets the worst support customer hold time 8 mins and 3 seconds.
4. Crate and Barrell located at crateandbarrel.com gets the worst email response time at 88 hours to get back to you. Keep in mind these are the averages.
Only one company made it in to the top 10 for the speedway email and phone support and that was The Disney Store, at disneystore.com 12 seconds to answer the phone, and 1 hour and 47 minutes to respond to email.
Would any one agree that response time under 1 hour is not bad to receive an email response? I know at where I work, we do our best to respond in the first 10 to 15 minutes.
Top Response Times from the Top 100 E-Retailers