Here is a great deal to get LastPass Premium 6 Month Subscription Free for students, and staff.
As you may or may not know I am a big fan of LastPass, I work for a small business in San Antonio Texas and with the help of one of my IT guys we have all of the production team using LastPass.
Now then, if you are a student, apart of the faculty or staff you can get 6 months of LastPass to try out! This is an EDU promo where LastPass is acknowledging they're love for students that they are giving all univerisities / colleges 6 months of LastPass Premium to help you manage your digital life as you settle into a new semester.
All you need to do is visit the URL below to get started. I am all for furthering the EDU, so go and get your's!
LastPass <3's Students
I am going to attempt a Raspberry Pi Retro Gaming Console. It would be nice to make it, but then give it to my 4 year old son so he can play.
I will update you with some instructions on how I did it once I am done.
Adobe’s network compromised: 2.9 million customer names, encrypted credit and debit card numbers, and source code.
Looks like the Square Register is having the same problems as the PayPal Card Reader & iOS 7. This is the email that I received this morning from Square.
Need help? Leave a comment for me.
I received an email from PayPal stating that there is an issue with it's PayPal Here Card Reader and iOS 7. This includes your iPad & iPhone.
Fix PayPal Here Card Reader
There you go, if you have questions leave a comment, and I will see what I can do to help out out.
This fun entry will show you how to create a cool SSH message in ASCII Art.
So before we begin we must first ask ourselves, what is ASCII Art? ASCII Art is simply put as a graphic technique that is created by using alpha numerical charecters. ASCII Art can be created with any text editor, but it is easier to use an online generator to create them for you.
To create a ASCII Art for SSH Logins please follow these steps.
1. Create ASCII Art! Let's start by visiting ASCII Generator by Network-Science.de Once here in the Text Field type in something like. My Cool Server. In the font drop down type select the font graffiti. The other options on this page such as reflection, adjustment, stretch, and width you can leave alone. Now commit this by selecting Do it!
2. You will now notice that the text that you entered in the Text Field is now in ASCII Art! We will come back to step 2 but let's move on to step 3.
3. Go to your Linux machine, and find Terminal or SSH into Terminal. If you do not know how to SSH please take a look at this article that I made called: How to SSH from the Linux Terminal.
3. Navigate in terminal to /etc. To do this type the following
$ cd /etc
4. Now you need to create or edit a file called banner. To find out if you have a banner file. Type $ ls. This will then give you a list of the contents in that directory. If you see banner than all you need to do is edit it with your favorite text editor vim or nano to name a couple. To do so type: $ nano banner while in the /etc directory.
5. Now that you have the editor open refer back to step 2 and copy your Ascii Art into the editor. Do not forget to save it!
6. Now that we have your Ascii Art into the editor we need to now let SSH know where to find it. Let's begin by navigating to: $ cd /etc/ssh
7. Let's now edit in this directory the ssh_config file. By typing into terminal: $ nano sshd_config (notice this sshd_config and not ssh_config) Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will notice something like: #Banner /etc/issue.net We need to change that to Banner /etc/banner What we are doing is pointing SSH to the correct banner with our ASCII Art. Save the modifications that we made in sshd_config.
8. Now we need to restart ssh. To do so type in: $ /etc/init.d/ssh restart or you can type $ service ssh restart
9. Now simply log out of terminal by typing quit. Then try logging in again.
10. You're done!
Get creative! You are not bound to simple using text to create great ascii art. You can also use images! Head over to MasterVB.net and he/she has a great Image to Ascii Generator.
N 29° 38.433 W 098° 37.683 | Accuracy 32 ft
UTM: 14R E 536002 N 3279014
This is my sons first Geocache, and mine as well. ('I'm Dad) We have added toy's, and a log book. Please if you take something leave something of greater or of the same value. My son think's we hid this as a treasure so no one can find it. Let's some Little David how Geocaching works
Friedrich Wilderness Park lies at the southern end of the Texas Hill Country. The park is hilly due to its location on the Balcones escarpment that separates the Texas Hill Country from the flat South Texas region. I hope you enjoy this park as much as my family and I do. Address: 21395 Milsa Dr, San Antonio, TX 78256 Phone: (210) 207-5320
Lot's of leaves, and tons of tree's, something in this area just stands out to me.
GC4KWX0, Little David Polanco's First Cache
Thank you to mlhradio for the photo above.
This entry explains how to launch Terminal in Linux, and have the ability to SSH into another Linux computer / server to manage.
1. Start my launching Terminal in Linux. It can be found by going to Applications > Accessories > Terminal. (Keep in mind that Terminal is terminal, so this will work with people that use a Mac, Raspberry Pi, Putty, etc.
2. Type in this command: ssh firstname.lastname@example.org or ssh you@yourIPaddress Keep in mind when doing this it is understood that you have already setup permissions for accessing the remote terminal.
3. You will then be asked for the remote machines password.
4. You will then see something like this following: The programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are free software; the exact distribution terms for each program are described in the individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright.
Debian GBU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTLY NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Last login: Thu Mar 14 5:59 2013 from LOCAL ISP INFORMATION.
5. If you did this correctly you will then have something like this: you@debian:~#
Success! If you have issues leave a comment below, and I will do my best to assist you. Keep in mind that I am relatively new to this so don't beat me up to bad.
For those of you that have used it, it will be missed. For those of you who never knew it existed you missed out.
At the bottom of Google (when signed in) was the ability to change the background image of Google.com | Unfortunatly Google will be removing this feature on November 16, 2012. Below is a quote and a screenshot as stated by Google.
Background images are going away on November 16th, 2012
Thank you for using background images. As we build a more streamlined Google Search page for everyone, we'll no longer be able to support customization with background images. So you will no longer be able to see your background pictures starting November 16th, 2012.
Click Remove to stop using a background image now. Your current background image, and Picasa web albums will still be available to you.
Well, there you have it. Sorry for not blogging in a while, but I have been so darn busy at work. I know it's not an excuse, I will do my best to get something on here every now and again.
This is a quick non related entry to those who may or may not see the Google Car coming...try your best not to 'scratch' in public.
Don't ask how I found this it was simply a Google Maps navigation discover that I found. Let's leave it as that. As you can see, that when your in public nothing is private. Above is a women scratching her booty at a corner in San Francisco.
Lately I have been recieveing a lot of emails of users stating that they are unable to open Adobe PDF files in Internet Explorer, well I have one answer...let it load.
As many of you have probably been experiencing there is currently a bug in Internet Explorer that prevent PDF displaying in the browser. Microsoft is currently well aware of the issue, and they are working to hopefully get it resolved.
Keep in mind that it's not that the Adobe PDF file is loading. It's bad UI (User Interface) in Internet Explorer 9. if you are in need of a fix, this is the only one that I can offer you based on experience.
Start by Opening Adobe Reader / Acrobat:
1. Open Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat
2. Click on edit at the very top in the toolbar
3. Click on Interent
4. Then go to Preferences Window
5. Finally uncheck Display PDF in Browser
Should you have Internet Explorer Open do the following:
1. Open Internet Explorer
2. Go to Tools
3. Select Internet Options
4. Go to the Advanced Tab
5. In the Security Section you will need to uncheck Do Not Save Encrypted Pages to Disk.
6. Click Ok, and restart Internet Explorer
I hope this helps, if it does a thank you would be great, if not...leave a comment and I will respond.
This morning I received my first text spam ever.
The text stated the following +19495728428 (949) 572-8428 - Irvine, CA | 5/14/12 9:18 AM Dear Walmart shopper, your purchase last month won a $1OOO Walmart Gift Card. Click here to claim: www.Wmart*Program.com (quit2end) 9:18 AM
So being the guy I am I go to be page through a proxy only to find a page that is just a ploy for a referral for a Walmart giftcard / credit card.
If this has happened to anyone else please leave a comment so that we could possibly start a complaint page. If you have recieveind any other offers from the wmartprogram.com leave a comment and leave the number that automated the call to you.
As a reminder I created an entry that explains how to stop paper junk mail using your phone. Take a look at it if your tired with all the unsolicited mailings that you receiving via snail mail.
In this entry I explain the my hype with a great iPhone, Android, and Windows Phone called Paper Karma.
So what is Paper Karma?
Paper Karma is a mobile app in which you take a picture of your junk mail (the address) it then get's processed by the awesome people at Paper Karma, and in a week you will be notified by the companies sending you junk mail of being opt'ed out.
So how does this help you? Well first off you will be removed from mail box marketing from these companies. Second, you don't have manage any of these communications. Paper Karma will do this for you.
Some of these companies include, but are not limited to:
So if you hate unsolicited junk mail like me, give paper Karma at try. What could it hurt? The mobile app is currently free and you can find it in the Apple, Android, and Windows Phone App Store.
PaperKarma - Control Your Mailbox, Stop Junk Email
Weather Underground offers a free 1 year premem membership. Use the directions below to redeem.
I have had account with Weather Underground for years, I can tell you the only other sites I check for weather is on Google or iPhone via Yahoo. Love WeatherUnderground!
Weather Underground 1-Year Premium Membership
Should you have an account already, login to your account and go to settings. Once there enter the renewal code above in the membership screen.
How to tell if Internet Explorer, FireFox, or Chrome is 32 Bit or 64 Bit
Well it took me over 15 mins to find out how for a client if his version of Internet Explorer was 32 Bit or 64 Bit, the funny thing is that it took me that amount of time, and the answer was in front of me.
Here are some areas that I check that will not give tell you if your browser is 32 Bit or 64 Bit.
1. System Folders
2. Add Uninstall a Program
3. System Registry (though may be there, but can be hard to located and a complete waste of time)
So your probably saying to yourself, well just tell us you fool! Well it's located in the task manager! Duh! Who would have thought the task manager would give you the BIT of information you needed.
How To Access the Task Manager
1. Go to start
2. Type in Search for Programs and Files
3. Task Manager
If you are on Windows XP do this
1. Go to start
3. Type in taskmgr.exe
Once this is complete go to the processes tab, and move the separator between processes and services to the left to see if the software is *32 bit or *64 bit. If you see nothing, this is because you are not running the program. Pretty damn simple, but I figured it was worth the post since I have not been on my blog in a long time.
Seems as though the Droid Razr by Motorola will be released tomorrow. For an iOS user I was wondering if anyone has considered this purchase or would even be interested?
According to the Droid Razr advertisement by Verizon:
So how about it? Personally if I were under the Android system I would defiantly hold out for the Ice Cream Sandwich release of phones. (which was just released 3 to 5 days ago) Are you under contract?
Does any one even care about this release?
Amazon is offering free Amazon Prime a $79.00 for free for 12 months. So what does this mean to you? Well, it means you can take advantage of:
1. Free 2 day shipping with Amazon on qualified prime items
2. Free access to Prime Instant Videos which allows you unlimited instant streaming of thousands of movies, and TV Shows.
For those of you who use to have a .EDU address I would recommend going to the website in which you graduated from or use to attend and try to retrieve it. It took me about 15 minutes to re-familiarize myself with the new interface of my college, but now I have access to my old .EDU account.
.EDU accounts can get you other discounts like discounts on hardware, software, tickets, and books. Do yourself a favour an take 15 minutes to go and find yours. Use the link below to get your free prime account
Join Amazon Student for Discount
This will be a quick entry, but have you ever been to a site like Aeonity and have written out content that took you well over 30 mins + to do, then to have it submitted only to find out that it is lost due to a browser crash or website crash?
Well if so than you need to take a look at Lazarus. I will not go into deals or screenshots this time, only becouse the developer of this great software has them on they're site.
So save yourself the agonly of re-typing all of your content when you lose a form, forum, or blog post with Lazarus.
Belkin is running a great promotion as of Friday offering 50% off of all products with no minimum purchase until September 30th.
If you enjoy Belkin products and shop online, Belkin.com is cutting their prices on all products found on their website. So if you like all accessories for things such iPod's, iPhones, iPad's, tablets, cases, cables, chargers, KVM switches, it's all available!
Who wants to get in on some USB hubs?! FYI stay away from their routers. They are not so hot, your better off with a D-Link or Cisco router.
Use Promo Code:
Donate to Step Out: Walk to Stop Diabetes. I donated for my friend Melissa Cagle, so can you.
San Antonio Donate to Step Out Walk to Stop Diabetes