Posted by David • Oct 10th, 2006 12:06:06 pm - Subscribe | Mood: good | Music: The New Amsterdams - Turn Out The Light
Explains what to do when your Apple iPod does not want to turn off / power off.
Not many people this have problem but when it does happen try these steps thre is a great chance they will resolve this error. Keep in mind that this happened to me yesterday and this is what I tried to do:
How to get an Apple Ipod to Turn off when it Does Not Want to Turn Off
- Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)
- Press and hold the Menu and Select buttons until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 10 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.
- Try plugging your iPod to your PC and repeating the steps listed above
- Update the iPod using the iPod Updater
- Restore iPod to factory settings
- Contact Apple directly at Apple Support
- Wait for the battery to die then plugin to the cable source to charge, then turn off.
- If all the above steps do not work get a hammer and smash the iPod into tiny little bits...but get it on video and email it to us at Aeonity.
Step five, solved my issue...and my iPod now works fine.
Noted From Apples Readme.rtf
To learn how to use your iPod with step-by-step instructions and easy-to-follow movies, see the iPod tutorials at http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/howto/. Click Learn More in each tutorial to see more great tips and instructions. And be sure to check out iPod 101, our fun, free series of online courses that'll teach you everything about using iPod, iTunes, and the iTunes Music Store. For more information, visit http://www.apple.com/support/ipod101/.
Questions? Comments? Hints?
If you have any input please comment below, all productive information will be listed...all others will be removed.