How to Clear Browser Cookie Files
- AOL Users Remove Cache Files
- Internet Explorer Users Remove Cache Files
- Internet Explorer Macintosh Users Remove Cache Files
- Netscape Navigator for Windows Remove Cache Files
- Netscape Navigator 4.x for Mac OS
- Netscape Navigator 7.0 for Windows
- Mozilla Firefox 1.0 for Windows
- Opera 4.0 for Windows and Mac
Internet Explorer and the AOL Browser share cookie information and
store them in the same place. Please view Internet Explorer Users
Remove Cache Files for more instruction on removing cache files.
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu and choose Internet Options.
- Click the Delete Cookies button.
- Click OK.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click the Edit menu and choose Preferences.
- Expand the Receiving Files category by click the triangle to the left, and click Cookies
- Select the item or cookies you want to delete in the Server list and click Delete.
- Locate the Netscape folder on your hard drive (usually located in c:/Program Files/Netscape/).
- Double click the Users folder within the Netscape folder.
- Double click your Profile Name folder (this will usually be your username).
- Click the cookies.txt file once to highlight it, then click the File menu and choose Delete.
- Double click the Hard Drive icon and open the System Folder.
- Double click Preferences and locate the Netscape Users folder.
- Double click Your Profile folder.
- Single click the MagicCookie file so that it is highlighted, click the File menu and choose Move to trash
- Or, drag and the MagicCookie file to the Trash folder.
- Click the Tools menu and choose Cookie Manager
- Choose Manage Stored Cookies from the submenu. The Cookie Manager window opens with a list of all the cookies stored on your computer.
- Select one or more cookies and click Remove Cookie, or click Remove All Cookies.
- Click Tasks and select Privacy & Security then choose Cookie Manager.
- On the submenu, choose View Stored Cookies. The Cookie Manager opens and lists the cookies stored on your computer.
- Select one or more cookies and click Remove Cookie. Clicking Remove All Cookies will delete all cookies.
- Optional: Choose to prevent removed cookies from being re-accepted later.
Opera supports the exact same format for setting cookies as Internet Explorer and
Netscape Navigator. This means that Opera will be able to accept all cookies that
work with these browsers. Cookies are stored in the file named cookies4.dat located
in the main Opera directory (usually C:\Program Files\Opera). It is not possible to
edit the file cookies4.dat by hand in order to remove unwanted cookies from your hard
drive, but you can download the Opera File Explorer and use this tool to view your
cookies. Taken from Opera Support
|Did this help you?|