This entry explains how to launch Terminal in Linux, and have the ability to SSH into another Linux computer / server to manage.
1. Start my launching Terminal in Linux. It can be found by going to Applications > Accessories > Terminal. (Keep in mind that Terminal is terminal, so this will work with people that use a Mac, Raspberry Pi, Putty, etc.
2. Type in this command: ssh email@example.com or ssh you@yourIPaddress Keep in mind when doing this it is understood that you have already setup permissions for accessing the remote terminal.
3. You will then be asked for the remote machines password.
4. You will then see something like this following: The programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are free software; the exact distribution terms for each program are described in the individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright.
Debian GBU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTLY NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Last login: Thu Mar 14 5:59 2013 from LOCAL ISP INFORMATION.
5. If you did this correctly you will then have something like this: you@debian:~#
Success! If you have issues leave a comment below, and I will do my best to assist you. Keep in mind that I am relatively new to this so don't beat me up to bad.
For those of you that have used it, it will be missed. For those of you who never knew it existed you missed out.
At the bottom of Google (when signed in) was the ability to change the background image of Google.com | Unfortunatly Google will be removing this feature on November 16, 2012. Below is a quote and a screenshot as stated by Google.
Background images are going away on November 16th, 2012
Thank you for using background images. As we build a more streamlined Google Search page for everyone, we'll no longer be able to support customization with background images. So you will no longer be able to see your background pictures starting November 16th, 2012.
Click Remove to stop using a background image now. Your current background image, and Picasa web albums will still be available to you.
Well, there you have it. Sorry for not blogging in a while, but I have been so darn busy at work. I know it's not an excuse, I will do my best to get something on here every now and again.