It's crunch time!
Date: Nov 29th, 2010 12:05:31 am - Subscribe
Mood: eh

One step at a time. That's all it takes. So this is crunch time. My final exams are in one week and I'm very nervous. I'm doing quite well in ASTU, over 80% avg. I won the best poster for my report on the Framing of advertisements of environmental groups and got a $30 gift card to the bookstore! Woot woot. Too bad my other subjects weren't as successful. I failed my first math midterm, but passed the second time. I got below average on both my Chemistry midterms... so I need to work extra hard. I'm really worried about math though, it is definitely not my strong point. Poor Michael, he's pressured to do well cause he hasn't been doing as great in his last exams. Sigh, both of us weren't able to see each other this whole sad. I missed Mass today because I was way too tired. I want to rest as much as I can while I can... This exam thing is nerve racking. I know I haven't blogged in a while. A lot has gone on. I'm thinking of going into film as a backup and I'm determined to be a youtube star happy.gif Lol, not so much for the fame, but to expose myself so I can work on stuff I enjoy. To be creative, y'know? Yesterday I went to see Red Letters with auntie Kathleen put on by the Vancouver Asian Canadian Theatre production. It was a musical, it was cute too. Made both of us cry. Anywho, I'm going to attempt to sleep early tonight. Need to wake up early tom. 8 am! I can't wait until these next 2 weeks are OVER grin.gif grin.gif Until then, I'm going to try to keep positive and carry on!!
Comments: (0)

Date: Oct 6th, 2010 12:01:53 am - Subscribe
Mood: burned-out

Wow. Again, it's been quite a while, hasn't it? All I can say is...a lot has changed. UBC, isn't as easy as I thought it would be. I have to study EVERY DAY and am struggling quite so. This term I'm taking 4 courses, Theatre, ASTU, CHEM & MATH 180. The chem labs are killer and the math midterm I did on Monday...I'm not too sure if I passed....this really sucks. But on the bright side, I met a lot of new people and all of them seem pretty nice. I"ve been staying at school way past when my classes are done (usually 11am) to study and get help for math. Math is killing me....SO yeah, today I had my CHEM LAB and my TA was so confusing! He can't speak proper English and everyone in the group was all confused. After class, my lab partner and I thought we did something wrong, so I asked June to see her results...hopefully we can construct something from that. The quiz they gave us was hard too! We only had 10 minutes to do so many equation questions. This is gonna be so tough for me. I can't waste time, cause time goes so fast nowadays. I hope I adapt soon, cause I'm pretty sure I'm about to blow up.
I studied by myself at Irving from 2-6 then attended a free ballroom dancing session hosted by the UBC Dance Club. I'm joining for sure, beginner class is $65 for 16 sessions. That's an amazing price. Anywho, I also got accepted as part of World Vision's first year committee! I'm pretty excited for that happy.gif So yes, now I'm going to attempt to study for my Chem midterm which is next Tuesday. Night!
Comments: (0)

In the Fast Lane :x
Date: Sep 11th, 2010 1:14:28 am - Subscribe
Mood: blurry

So yesterday was my third day of classes. I went to Chemistry and found out I had it with Alana in the morning. I didn't go to the lab since it wasn't necessary. I bought a lab coat and glasses. Alana and I got a free t-shirt from the bookstore cause we liked it on Facebook. It was great. Then, we waited for Wilfred to finish his class. We were about to go to the Discount store when Desmond and Angie showed up. All of them came with us to the bookstore and I got my Math set of books that costed $171.00. After, I went to the bus to meet Michael at Kerrisdale. We went to my house after and he hung out for a bit but had to go home before his mom came back from work.
Today, I completely changed the outfit I picked out the night before. It said it would rain, but the meteoroligists always get it wrong. It was cloudy, but dry. Anywho I went to my first course which was ASTU and we shared our newspaper articles to each other and discussed genre and cultural situation. I'm starting to like that class.
The next class I had was THTR, but I ended up going to the wrong room since it was discussion day today. Me along with Courtney and 4 other late people showed up to Buchanan embarassing. The teacher was really nice. We had to say a bit of experience we had. She let us out of the class 30 minutes early. I had time to waste so I went to the library to read my book for a bit. I went to Math and started talking to this girl waiting outside, though I didn't catch her name. Alana was sitting beside people already and I didn't see Kia so I had to sit further up. The prof went out about limits and whatnot...I didn't understand a single word he said or anything that was written on the board...Gosh I am so screwed. I talked to the guys around me, and a few of them said they didn't understand it quite as much either, so I felt relieved. At the end of class, I talked to the guy two seats beside me named Philip, he seemed really nice and told me he didn't really get it either. After, I went to the ARts Advising centre, though I didn't talk to anyone since the line was SOO SOO long. I got on the bus instead and went to meet Myco. I told my mom I was @ school still though...shh. We went to his house then he dropped me off at Metro at 7:30pm for the dinner with Steph, Jennie, Anna, Jon, Ferdi and Toca. I ended up spending $18.00 =( What a waste of money. Oh well, that's life. I'm going to go to sleep now, good night!
Comments: (0)

Date: Sep 8th, 2010 11:03:59 pm - Subscribe
Mood: friendly

Well well well..I am finally here. I can't even believe it. The years went by so fast and now, I'm in the adult world. Today I attended my first 3 classes of the term. Mom dropped me off around 7:20am at the 25 bus stop. It took me about a half hour to get there. Though, I think it's safer to leave the house at 7:00 rather than 7:15. I barely made it on time to my ASTU class. The instructor was Australian and seemed really nice. She wasn't intimidating like I thought the teacher generally were at University. She did cover a lot about how the course was basically researching things on your own. I was sitting next to a girl named Brianne who I learned was 21, married, and in her second year. It's really cool to have people who are a different age than you taking the same the same time it is quite nerve racking. I'm just wondering how advanced people are going to be compared to me.
We have to bring a newspaper on the topic of climate change....apparently by next class. Where the heck am I supposed to find that? clue...
So the next class I had THTR, which was hard to find cause we had to go all the way to the BACK of the Chan Centre...couldn't have been more hidden. Then I had math, I had a half hour to kill since our instructor wasn't there. I saw Killian and Kia while I was walking to math and Kia turned out to be in my math class! Yay, I can totally ask him to help me now. I saw Alana there too. The teacher seemed pretty nice, he was brown. It just worries me that I had no idea what he was talking about when he was teaching the class...I have a quiz next Friday...oh boy...
Then that was the end of my day. I finished at 11:00pm. I'm pretty happy with my schedule this term. I went to the ARts advising which referred me to the Science advising. There, I asked what I needed to take to be considered into the science program. I got all the knowledge I needed and then headed for the 41 bus to meet Michael at Oakridge. It took about a half hour. I saw my baby and I loved every moment of it as always. I bought Japanese food and he got calamari. He had a 3 hour long break, so I helped him make it less dreadful. After he left I went to Zellers to buy and agenda and then my mom picked me up. Oh gosh, then as soon as I came home I started to bake. From 4-7 nonstop. Then I took a break then I put icing on them. All that work is definitely not worth $25. Maybe during the summer time, but not during school. So now I'm documenting what I did today and trying to catch up with my facebook messages and message people back. Okay, I better answer Rachel's message. Bye!
Comments: (0)

Arts..Arts. Arts.Arts. Everybody!
Date: Sep 7th, 2010 11:36:25 pm - Subscribe
Mood: megalomaniacal

Today was an eventful morning/day. I woke up at 6:30 cause I was scared I was going to be late on my first day. To be honest, throughout the night I kept on waking up to pee. I guess the nerves were getting to me. Thankfully I got ready my clothes the night before otherwise, I would have taken forever just to choose what to wear. I had to incorporate purple into it since that's the Arts' colour. Mom dropped me off around 7:30am at the B-line bus on broadway..Yay for bussing....Though I try to avoid it every second of my life. But this is reality, and this is adulthood. Ugh, I got to suck it up now. I got there around 8:10am and was really excited cause there was pump up music and everything. I saw Fatima there first, then I went off to look for my group. Our group "cato" was mostly girls. Our MUG leader was Tony, though he was late and had to leave early so I asked the other mUG leader Heather more questions. I got talking with a girl named Jennifer, and she was the one I stuck with throughout most of the tour. THey made us play games like the chicken game..and the memory game. We then were taken around Buchanan then went to the Chan Centre for the guest speakers including the introduction of the new dean Professor Gage Adveril? And other older representatives. After that long lecture, it felt like, we went to the middle to eat Panago Pizza, which I haven't had in a long wasn't that great. Oh yeah, our very first trip was the Buchanan building to listen to Professor Price, prof of poli-sci. He was saying how a lot of the technology we are exposed to can inhibit our focus. Impede our thoughts, which is true in a way. The leaders taught us our Arts chant there too. Anyways, we all had to walk to the Thunderbird stadium that was like 10 blocks from where we were. Gosh, it was sooo slow, being in a stampede and all. I started to form a headache. We finally reached the stadium and endured about 2 hours of cheering, slideshows, videos, deans talking and Myco's priests brother was the one who sang the national anthem. THe musqian tribe ended off the day with their chanting and it was finally over. I found Fatima after that and we walked to the clubs street. We met Marina and Ryan, but then I departed and chose to go through the clubs booths by myself. I found the discount bookstore and my books. Unfortunately I could only get my Chem 121 cause dad gave me a cheque I could not use. So I used the $85.00 on my book and spent $64.
This morning, I read michael's sweet text to me. I started tearing up in the bus... Baby, I want you to know that even though i don't see you every day, you're always in my heart. I love you with every inch of my being. You're the only one for me, never forget that. I love you so much!

Goodnight! Got to get ready for bed na... Night!
Comments: (0)