Date: Mar 25th, 2005 5:25:39 pm - Subscribe
Okay, so now that my stress and depression are wearing off, I've had the time to look around and discover how ridiculously ludacris life can be. For example:
Have any of you ever looked at the back of the *cough* "Blue Raider" Planner & Handbook? If you haven't, you're missing out. Especially on the very back. Let's take a look, shall we? (word for word)
All I ever needed to know, I learned from my advisor
(wow, if that were true, it would be a sorry, sorry world we lived in).
- What classes to take this semester, and nex semester, and next semester, and...
- How to read the darn catalog (yes, it says darn)
- How to calculate my GPA ('cause you couldn't figure that out at the Records office)
- Why I can't take 40 hours if I can work 40 hours (uhhh...who the HELL would want to do that?)
- That I should study a minimum of 2 hours outside of class for every hour in class (HAHAHAHAHA...yeah, I'm still laughing).
- How many credits I need to graduate (umm...isn't that in that darned catalog they "taught" us to read?)
- Information about graduate schools (who the hell wants to go for more school?)
- How to get an overload (wow, I didn't know that they condoned overdosing..I mean, overloading...)
- Why I must take general studes classes that have nothing to do with my major (I still haven't figured that one out).
- "Mr. Staff" isn't the hardest working instructor on campus (haha, someone that works hard? That's a joke).
- How to withdraw from a class (you mean not going won't work?)
- An advisor writes a good recommendation letter (ha on what? She can't even remember my name)
- How to change my major (like I need to spend another 4 years here)
- What minors might be good for me (but she doesn't know me, so.....)
- Scholarships offered by my department (even though I've walked by the fliers 812 times).
- Why I shouldn't take all of my classes in a row (oh, I thought it was a good idea at the time!).
- When and where to file my upper-division adn intent-to-graduate forms (a what?)
- What employers in my field are looking for? (umm...someone to do the job?)
- What campus organizations would benefit me (cause I need to be poorer)
- Career information (haha, let's work on graduation first)
- MY ADVISOR CARES