Why I hate Christmas? Ya, this pretty much covers it. People think I'm crazy for gettin irritated with Jingle bells and ho ho ho, but come on. When people refuse to say "Merry Christmas" and start saying "Seasons Greetings" I get pretty pissed. They take the only deep and important thing out of Cmas and replace it with an imaginary person who goes around giving gifts to the good people, and giving coal to the bad people. Kinda sounds like a twisted version of God. I think it's sad how we have perverted Cmas from being about the birth of Christ to being about something as shallow as Santa and elves. Don't get me wrong, Santa and Elves could be a fun part of Cmas, but not when they're blown out of porportion and completely erase Christ from the picture. This bulletin is awesome.
Jesus Is Better Than Santa
Santa lives at the North Pole; Jesus is everywhere.
Santa rides in a sleigh; Jesus rides on the wind and walks on the water.
Santa comes but once a year; Jesus is ever present help.
Santa comes down your chimney uninvited; Jesus stands at your door and knocks.
Santa makes you stand in line to see him; Jesus is as close as the mention of His name.
Santa lets you sit on his lap; Jesus lets you rest in His arms.
Santa asks, "Little boy, little girl, what is your name?"; Jesus knew our names before we did.
Santa has a belly like a bowl full of jelly; Jesus has a heart full of love.
Santa offers "Ho, ho, ho;" Jesus offers: health, help, and hope.
Santa says: "You better not cry."; Jesus says: "Cast all your cares on me for I care for you."
Santa's helpers makes toys; Jesus makes new lifes, mends hearts, and repairs broken homes.
Santa may make you chuckle; Jesus gives you joy.
Santa puts gifts under the tree; Jesus became our gift and died on the cross.
There's really no comparison. Jesus is the reason for the season. If you believe it, repost this. If not, ignore it and well, nothing will happen.
Dead to me
I am in the same position I have always been. I am standing here, helpless, unable to take my eyes off her. A year ago I would have never believed that this could be true. Not this soon. She was so close to Him, and yet she has fallen so far. Or was she ever close? I stand by and watch as her life is destroyed. I don't know what is worse: is it that she can't see the very thing that is killing her or that she does not even know she is dying? I am helpless. I am helpless because it is not my choice to make. I can't make her come back to Him. Not only this, but I am to distant to talk to her about the choices she makes. If I was closer, maybe I could talk to her, but if I went to her now, as I am, it would only push her further from Him. The whole situation is completely out of my control. This hurts me more than anything else in this world. I want to make her see, but I can't, and I fear she is to blind to ever see again. The only thing I can do now is pray. I feel it is meaningless though. She has completely fallen away from Him. She is dead to me. Another one has fallen. This wouldn't be such a big deal for me if I didn't happen right in front of me. I pray that my closer friends will not find such a cruel death as this, that I might shed light on their eyes and let them see this light that has truely set me free.
|Avoid all appearances of evil. Sounds good at first, doesn't it? I was thinkin about it the other day tho. To "avoid all appearances of evil" means to avoid everything that looks like it could be evil, right? I don't think that is the best thing to do. If you avoid everything that might be evil, how are you supposed to really know if it's good, evil, or both? Take drums for example. Most radical baptists believe that if you listen to any other type of music other than hyms, it is a sin. Why do they believe this? Because they avoid everything that looks like it could be evil. I dunno about you guys, but there are some pretty amazing songs that have changed my life, even tho they had a verse, chorus, and a drum beat. My life would have never been changed, or even influenced by those awesome songs if I would have avoided all appearances of evil, and I would not be the same person I am today. I'm not saying that you should dive head first into evil things trying to figure out if they're evil or not. I'm saying you should find out information about it, pray about it, and follow God. Running from something to avoid it because you don't know if it's right or wrong doesn't help a thing. What if you ever get in a situation where you can't avoid it? It'd be better to know where you stand on the issue until waiting until you're tempted to decide where to draw the line. Somehow I think that if you know where you stand on the issue, the line will be drawn a little further back. That's just my opinion though . . .|
1. With whom did you last get angry? My sister
2. What is your weapon of choice? Weapon? Ooo . . . either a Battle axe or a moltov cocktail (sticky flamable liquid in a bottle capped with a rag on fire. I wanna drop it on peoples heads.) . . . I'm not violent, I swear!
3. Would you hit a member of the opposite sex? Oh ya.
4. How about of the same sex? OH YA
5. Who was the last person who got really angry at you? prolly my sister
6. What is your pet peeve? Preps, immaturity
7. Do you keep grudges, or can you let them go easily? Depends on if they're sorry or not.
1. What is one thing you're supposed to do daily that you haven't done in a long time? guitar. And journal. My life is being taken over by Time Splitters 3!
2. What is the latest you've ever woken up? like noon.
3. Name a person you've been meaning to contact, but haven't: Desiree! And Amy! AHHH!
4. What is the last lame excuse you made? I've been "busy". hah, tha'z a load of bull. I spent 4 and a half hours playing Time Splitters today.
5. Have you ever watched an infomercial all the way through? hahaha ya, they're so lame!
6. When was the last time you got a good workout in? Le'z see . . . I had PE Freshman year . . . but mostly I jus stood around and did nothing . . . umm . . . I dunno. I brought the groceries in from the car today, if that counts. I had to take my Algebra II book AND my Chem book home las thursday.
7. How many times did you hit the snooze button on your alarm clock today? lolz! Alarm clock?! On a Sunday?!
1. What is your overpriced yuppie beverage of choice? hmm . . . Full Throttle. They had a 24 pack for 27.50 at costco today. I should buy them and sell em for 1.50 each . . .
2. Meat eaters: white meat or dark meat? White! Stupid black meat . . .
3. What is the greatest amount of alcohol you've had in one sitting/outing/event? 0 oz. I caught a wiff of beer once tho.
4. Have you ever used a professional diet company? ya, of course! How do you think I got as skinny as I am?!
5. Do you have an issue with your weight? no, we're cool.
6. Do you prefer sweets, salty foods, or spicy foods? spicy! And sour. I'm a man of extremes!
1. How many people have you seen naked (not counting movies/family)? What?! None! Cept for that one time that one kid didn't lock the stall door . . . awkward . . .
2. How many people have seen YOU naked (not counting physicians/family)? None! I was even born with clothes on!
3. Have you ever caught yourself staring at the chest/crotch of a member of your gender of choice during a normal conversation? wool . . . it wasn't on purpose . . .
4. Have you done it? done what? Oh that! No!
5. What is your favorite body part on a person of your gender of choice? hahaha . . . "body part" sounds all to awkward . . .
6. Have you ever been propositioned by a prostitute? No!
7. Have you ever had to get tested for an STD or pregnancy? Wool I KNOW I haven't gotten tested for pregnancy. I don't think I got tested for STDs tho
1. How many credit cards do you own? none . . . I got an email that says I'm elligible for a platnim one tho!
2. What's your guilty pleasure store? Hot Topic!
3. If you had $1 million, what would you do with it? Dunno. Prolly invest it in gold coins or something.
4. Would you rather be rich, or famous? Rich yo! But who ever heard of a famous poor person?
5. Would you accept a boring job if it meant you would make megabucks? Duh! I hecka would!
6. Have you ever stolen anything? I suppose so
7. How many MP3s are on your hard drive? what? 1?
1. What one thing have you done that you're most proud of? I've gotten really good at guitar . . . have vandalized a lotta stuff . . . umm . . . stuff like that. I'm jus cool in general.
2. What one thing have you done that your parents are most proud of? I got a 4.0 las quarter. This quarter they said that since I only got a 3.7, they're gonna monitor me on my video games. What kinda crap is that! COMMUNISM!
3. What thing would you like to accomplish in your life? Get married, get rich within 6 mons. Preferably in that order.
4. Do you get annoyed by coming in second place? no, it works for me jus fine.
5. Have you ever entered a contest of skill, knowing you were of much higher skill than all the other competitors? Oh ya!
6. Have you ever cheated on something to get a higher score? yes . . .
7. What did you do today that you're proud of? I sold all my video games to buy TS!
1. What item (or person) of your friends would you most want to have for your own? Josh has a crazy go awesome MP3 player. Andrew has a crazy go freaking awesome Fender.
2. Who would you want to go on Trading Spaces with? I dunno, some billionaire
3. If you could be anyone else in the world, who would you be? Umm some Relient k person. But not the lead singer. His voice sounds like he has his underwear too tight. Did I jus dis my favorite band?!
4. Have you ever been cheated on? No
5. Have you ever wished you had a physical feature different from your own? ya, who doesn't?
6. What inborn trait do you see in others that you wish you had for yourself? umm easier to talk to ppl I don't know well.
7. Finally, what is your favorite deadly sin? Favorite? It sounds cheesy, but it's true. I hate all of the deadly sins with a passion. I dunno, maybe hate is my favorite sin! Cept I don't really like it either.
THE SEVEN HEAVENLY VIRTUES
1. What religion do you follow? CHRISTIANITY
2. What religion were you raised as? same
3. Do you believe that forgiveness is a religious property, or a human property? umm . . . what?
4. Do you have your own commandments? besides the top 10? ya, I got a few of my own.
5. What was the last promise you broke? I don't break promises.
6. Have you ever said the words to a prayer and not meant it? I don't say the same prayer every day. I don't think I've ever said the Lords Prayer.
7. Do you believe that anyone could be perfect? you mean besides me? No! You are all lame!
1. Did you get everything you wanted over the last holiday season? almost! But my bday is in a month, so I can wait for my pedal
2. Regarding your future, what is the best thing you could hope for? Marraige. That pretty much wipes out everything else!
3. Do you let yourself get your hopes up for something even if you know that there is a large chance of failure? no, I don't even get my hopes up if there's a large chance of success
4. Freedom or fate? Freedom
5. Have you ever bought a lottery ticket? No, and I think it's dumb that minors can't gamble!!!
6. Do you gamble? In algebra II ya haha. But ppl don't wanna bet with me anymore.
7. Have you ever had something called off on account of bad weather, but then gone ahead and done it anyway? No. Everyone is like, "AH! Cower in fear before the thunder!" and I'm all like "YAY! Lets all go out and get struck by lightning!!!"
1. What causes do you support? freedom, rebelion against social classes, preps, popularity, etc, umm the vandalism clique, anti abortion, lots.
2. What causes have you given money or time to? all of the above basically
4. Would you ever consider joining the Peace Corps, Amnesty International, or another travel? haha who's that?
5. Do you give money to the homeless on the street? nope. I'm a scrooge. I'm keeping my 13 cents!
6. Have you ever helped out a friend with basic needs, like rent or food? I let Alex borrow $3 when we went for lunch, but I made him pay me back.
7. What's the greatest extent you've gone to help a friend in need? wool . . . I thought about it once . . .
1. What are you most afraid of? death of my friends
2. What did you do today that was really brave? I single handedly took on a few dozen Deerhaunters. They killed me haha
3. Who is your favorite superhero, and why? anyone evil. Evil ppl are always cooler!
4. Would you put your life in danger to rescue someone? ya almost anyone.
5. If you were to face the Wizard, would you want more courage more brains or more heart? I don't need those to fight a wizard. All's I need is a big stick. I'll beat the old fart to the ground
6. Have you ever gotten stage fright? who hasn't, crackboy?
7. Do you consider yourself to be a leader or a follower? Follower, but if my leader has a sudden case of stupidity, I'm quick to change to a better leader.
1. Have you ever been summoned for jury duty? No, tha'd be cool tho. I don't care what happened, he's GUILTY!
2. If they reinstituted the draft (for both genders), would you go, or would find some way out of it? I'd go I think. Heck, I get to look cool and shoot things!
3. Do you support capital punishment (the death penalty)? Yes. More ppl need to die. Seriously, some ppl jus need to be shot.
4. Which should be guaranteed legal? what?
5. Do you believe that Dubya is rightfully President of the USA? ya
6. What was your favorite media circus trial? what? I can't even pronounce that!
7. Have you ever written a letter to a politician? Mrs. King tried to make us 3 times in 6th grade, but I rebeled.
1. What do you have the hardest time moderating yourself on? hmmm myspace and video games.
2. Do you collect anything? no, I only own useful stuff. Jus don't look in my locker.
3. Are you addicted to anything? I don't think addicted is quite the right word. Not anymore at least
4. Have you ever put anything on layaway or used an installment plan? huh?
5. What's your preferred method of paying for things? gift cards!
6. Do you feel that you obsess over things? Gosh, NO! Cept for myspace guitar girls and TS . . .
1. Who is the wisest person you know? my dad lolz
2. Have you ever participated in a vigil? No?
3. Do you take advice when it's given? haha not when it's from my dad!
4. What area are you wisest in? Relationships I suppose . . . I know to stay away from them, and tha'z more than most highschoolers know.
5. Do you drive defensively? ya. And I drive like a grandma. Seriously, if you ever hear from someone that I was speeding, you know they're on crack.
6. What did you learn today? nothing. Cept 4.5 hours of video games makes your eyes bloodshot and your pupils dialated and your arms numb and your butt sore.
7. And of course, what is your favorite heavenly virtue? Does Love work? Or trust.
Hey everyone . . . the nex paragraph is kinda depressing and stuff, but I gotta write it out. If you don't wanna read about my depressing life lolz, skip the nex paragraph.
Ahh . . . so how have I been lately? I've been ok. Kinda. lolz. Ok, so I haven't been real great. At all. My parents are putting restrictions on me because I went from a 4.0 to a 3.6 GPA. To make a long story short, I got this girl at our school mad at me coz I'm mad at her coz she spread a rumor about me the day after I told her it wasn't true. And ya, it's not fun havin ppl mad at you. But dag . . . when you bring someone who spreads rumors into the picture it brings gossip and anger to a whole new level. So ya, that happened, then I wasn't supposed to be at school today, we were supposed to do a "snow day" thing, where my whole school goes up to Mt Shasta and plays in the snow all day. Unfortuantly, a third of my school didn't turn in their permission slips in on time, so that got canceled, and it became a regular school day, which sucked. Then I made plans after school to go sell ads for Yearbook with one of my friends, then we would come home and play Time Splitters 3 till dawn. But then, his little brother got in trouble and his mom couldn't take us to sell ads, and my parents were both busy, so we couldn't go sell ads, and something came up for him, so he could stay over at my house. We were plannin to go to the Christian Supply too so we could get some new CDs, but since we didn't go sell ads, we didn't go there. And I've been wanting that 2004 Collide CD from Skillet. And I really want a Chris Tomlin CD too. So I didn't get those. Andrew invited me over tonight, but I couldn't go. Tha'z prolly good anyways, coz I'm pretty depressed right now and wouldn't be fun to be around anyways. Grades are slipping pretty fast. I can't seem to get Algebra, and when I do, it seems that I make some mistake somewhere in my work and end up with a bad grade anyways. I jus found out that I have a D in Chem too. Don't ask me how. I jus got a Detention in Algebra too, and hafta serve it at 7 AM monday morning. *sigh* Why does life hafta suck so bad sometimes? This all happened within the last week, most of it within the last two days. It all hit me pretty hard, especially the whole rumor thing. I still can't believe she did that . . . I jus don't get why . . . if you want the in depth version, msg me and I'll give it to you. If you guys could pray for me for this, tha'd be cool. It still hurts . . . not because the rumors were spread, but because of when and by who the were spread. It hurts . . .
. . . on a lighter note . . . I get to see Megan tomorrow for the first time in . . . too long . Her dad is a control freak if you don't know him . . . he had issues with the school las year so he pulled his kids out, threw his oldest daughter out of the house (bout a month or something before she graduated) and sent her up to her mom and step dad in Oregon to finish highschool and go to College. So ya, now he won't let Megan have any contact with anyone from the school . . . or so he thinks . . . lolz. So ya, I'm pretty excited about that. We're goin to lunch, gonna see a movie, and go to the mall after that. I'm bringin my Hot Topic gift card! So ya . . . in conclusion, jus pray for me. Please.